31 January 2009

Chasing the Black Cab - McCrady's


Unity Alley, Charleston, SC

British Black Cabs improve any scene and I'm amazed that they even fit in narrow Unity alley leading to McCrady's Restaurant. General Manager Andre' Guillet, has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve for the season including a special $35 menu and a combo Theater/Dinner package, but these musical evenings caught my eye. If I could sing myself I'd be dangerous.

SUNDAYS AT MCCRADY'S
Enjoy a three-course dinner, featuring musicians and vocalists. Seating begins at 6:00 p.m. in The Long Room. $45 per person

FEBRUARY 8, 15 & 22: SERENADE FOR MY SWEETHEART
An evening to celebrate life and loved ones. Vocalists will perform some of your favorite music from South Pacific, Romeo and Juliet, and more. Featuring Robbi Kenney (violin), Lisa Gray (harp) and Norbert Lewandowski (cello).

MARCH 15, 22 & 29: LULLABY OF BROADWAY
Enjoy Broadway favorites from 42nd Street, Anything Goes, Cabaret, Crazy For You, and more. Featuring a jazz trio and vocal ensemble.

APRIL 5, 19 & 26: APRIL IN PARIS
Featuring music from Moulin Rouge, An American in Paris and more!

Hmmm. Andre' is actually a Parisian in America but we'll let that pass.

9 comments:

Doug said...

Sounds like a hoot. I wonder if they encourage singing along.

Anonymous said...

Doug, People would probably pay more if I promised NOT to sing along :).

Anonymous said...

Good evening everyone
isn't she grant this Joan Perry !
she claims she can"t sing but maybe she will tango with me this Summer!
Please come for any occasion at McCrady's, mention Joan Perry and I promise you a treat!!!!
Sean, the Executive Chef and I are anxious to have fun with you!!
andre Guillet

Anonymous said...

Andre', I like that. Best restaurant in town and they get a treat if they mention my name. That is true power :).

Windviel said...

Save us a seat! We can see the Musting fitting nicely into Unity Alley. If they'll strap on a feed bag of their gourmet oats for the Pony, we'd gladly take a seat at their table. Next to free gasoline, discounted seatings at McCrady's, the best restaurant in town, is the best deal in town.

Charlestonjoan said...

Windviel: The Mustang has posed in front of every other important building in South Carolina, why not here!

Tia said...

I bet that the Paris experience was the coolest. I dream to visit Paris one day.. :)

Michel said...

:) Nice life you have! Quite exciting..I love Paris! Enjoy! :D

Unknown said...

Great post with awesome clicks Joan...I also experienced great Black taxi service in Charleston, SC. An Executive Travel is providing best and efficient Charleston airport taxi and limousine services there..