29 January 2009

A horse, of course


Pinckney St., Charleston, SC

Sooner or later you see everything on the streets of Charleston.

To go along with the horse theme I am borrowing a joke from oldhorsetailsnake:

Young Chuck in Montana bought a horse from a farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day. The next day came and the farmer arrived without the horse. He said, "Sorry, Son, but I have some bad news. The horse died."

Chuck replied, "Well, then, just give me my money back."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

Chuck said, "Well, then, just bring me the dead horse."

The farmer asked, "What ya goin' to do with him?"

Chuck said, "I'm going to raffle him off."

The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead horse."

Chuck said, "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked, "What happened with that dead horse?"

Chuck said, "I raffled him off. I told 500 tickets at two dollars apiece and made a profit of $998."

"Didn't anyone complain?" the farmer said.

Chuck said, "Just the guy who won. I gave him his money back."

Chuck grew up and now works for the government. He's currently figuring out how to give us our money back.

9 comments:

Janet said...

Hmmmm...very interesting! Is this one of the horses that pulls a wagon?

Charlestonjoan said...

Yes, it is. The stables is right along there.

B SQUARED said...

If he is trying to figure out how to give us our money back, I have a suggestion. Do not take it in the first place. Would that government understood that. Life should be so simple...

Janet said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. The star pattern is called a tornado bolt here. You can check out my Feb. 21, 2008 post for a photo of the actual bolt.

Judy said...

Someone was surprised when they found an empty stall, I would guess. Enjoyed the joke.

Anonymous said...

"Don't look now, Mr. Ed, but your buggy fell off." ;)

S

Maggsworld said...

I love the colour of that horse....

Doug said...

Horses
Go off courses
Or so my sources
Say

Anonymous said...

That little Old Lady, she swallowed a horse. And died of course. Sorry I forgot to sign last time so you would know which sister to send the loop hole package to. Sally