08 January 2009

Let's Talk Baby Talk


Carson Anna Conrad, Charleston, SC

Do I have the best job in the world? I was asked to take a picture of this little sweetie pie. What a darling. I had to get this close just to sniff that fresh baby smell. She was born early and was snuggled up in a soft "bundle" that volunteers from Newborns in Need had made and the nurses wanted a picture to show them how it was being used. The model's mother happily agreed that I could share her picture with you.

If it takes a village to raise a child, it's comforting to know village matriarchs all over the country are busy knitting bonnets and booties and sewing up cozy "bundles" to send our babies home well loved.

I give a lot of hospital tours and end each one with a peak in the nursery. It's a great way to end the tour and in this case the day. G'night kids.

13 comments:

gogouci said...

Adorable.

GirlBlogger said...

Ok, as a rule I'm not all that sentimental but that baby is sweet, sweet, sweet.

Labetine said...

Awww, what a sweet picture. Baby breath. :)

Pat said...

It's tough to get a bad baby pic, but that photo is perfect, Joan!

Anonymous said...

By your entry's title I was expecting all the comments to say, "Ga ga, goo goo, blub." :)

Cute lil' kid.

S

Steve said...

Awwww!! Little booboo!!If my wife sees this picture, I'll be in trouble!But that is quite possibly the cutest little girl I've ever seen!

On an unrelated note, I was so relieved to find your blog again! i used to have a blog called "Song of November" and you and I conversed back and forth for a while.I used to live in Charleston, and I used to visit there vicariously thru your pictures and stories. After a computer crash I lost your blog addressand it has bugged me ever since. But i found you again and all is right in my little chunk of the "blogoshpere" again.

Echomouse said...

Thank goodness you posted at Mike's with your new link. I was having a worry because your journalspace thing was gone!

Judy said...

This is the best! Love your blog.

doanli said...

Just perfect, Japee!

Anonymous said...

doanli: I think it was my model :)

Jarart: Thank you! Welcome.

Echomouse: Crazy, eh! Thousands of bloggers disappeared and are trying to find each other. I am happy to see you here.

Steve! Welcome. I appreciate you taking the effort to track me down. Thank you.

lowandslow: Goo gaaa gub to you :)

gougochi, girlblogger, labeltine: Isn't she a sweetie?

becomingkate said...

Oh my goodness!

Jenny O. said...

Oh, I NEED to snuggle that sweet child.

Charlestonjoan said...

Jenny O, Kate; isn't she a darling?