11 January 2009

She Sells Seashells


Botany Bay, SC

According to The State newspaper, Botany Bay leads led the 2008 list of best outdoor trips in South Carolina. Googling links for you makes me want to go back. I've never seen a beach with so many shells and someone had fun putting a sea shell on the top of each piece of driftwood all the way along the beach. More here so you can see what I mean. I was skipping from one to the next in delight.

Miss me yesterday? I was everywhere from Wadmalaw Island to a party for kids with cancer at Wild Dunes. I was supposed to meet pretty Emma early this morning to see if we could win her Miss Photogenic Hanahan High School for the third year in a row but it's been raining so far and I am enjoying being forced to be lazy with my tea and newspaper.

It sounds like it has stopped raining for now so I may walk down to Harris Teeter and pick up some blueberries for pancakes. It is the weekend after all.

Today's silly link is Freaky Face Painting from Book of Joe the world's best blogging Anesthesiologist.

Later, kids.

9 comments:

Catalyst said...

Those photos on Botany Bay beach are incredible! I've never seen a beach (and I've seen many) with so many shells.

Judy said...

This is great, no shells like this would be left behind on the beaches that we frequent.

Charlestonjoan said...

Catalyst: It is pretty awesome. It just opened to the public last year.

Jarart: That is a problem here as well. They try to limit what people take.

KIT said...

After seeing this picture, I had to go have a look at your gallery. What a cool place! And I really like the smugmug site, too bad they don't have a cheap/free limited feature option.

becomingkate said...

The weather is beautiful here. -10°C and sunny. Have a nice Sunday Joan!

Ineke said...

that is a beautiful shell

Commander Zaius said...

Ive heard that North Island, just outside Winyah Bay close to Georgetown, has a beach with shells like that. Great pictures. The Book of Joe pictures were freaky cool.

Library Mermaid said...

Oh, here you are! I couldn't find your walking photos blog anywhere - did it get wiped out?
on a side note - Happy New Year, a tad belated.
-Susan (http://sunpoursdownlikehoney.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

KIT: I love smugmug. If you diced to join I think you can use me to get a discount.

Ineke: There were so many of them there.

Beach Bum: I'll have to check it out! Thanks.

Library Mermaid: It did indeed get wiped out. Thousands of us lost everything. Thanks for tracking me down.