04 February 2009

Aaaargh........you my Valentine?


Pirate Flag, Buccaneer Restaurant, Faber St., Charleston, SC

We talked of pirates at work today and the fact that the Tall Ships would be sailing into Charleston Harbor this year. The lady I was talking to is a period reenactor and offered.....(drum roll) to let me be an official costumed Pirate's Wench at the Maritime Festival if I wanted. Haaa! Why would she ever think I might want to be a wench? Check out my grin in that picture. Drool.

I googled to find the source of today's image which is a piece of a pirate flag I spotted at the new Buccaneer restaurant on Faber St. The Buccaneer has an incredible amount of real Pirate loot. From weapons and costumes to gold coins and model ships. It is a treasure trove of authentic Pirateware. I didn't come across any explanation of the picture but I did find all kinds of valentine theme pirate booty for you.

Free down loadable Pirate Valentine's Cards because Even Pirates Need Love.

If you're feeling frisky, and maybe have a touch of the scurvy, hop around town with one of these fun Love Pirate Eye Patches.

Spend a little more and be a Pirate of Love

Make your own Candy Heart Arr!

Finally, in case you need a non pirate themed image for your sweetheart, here is a lowcountry Valentine image you can use.

6 comments:

Doug said...

The Tall Ships have been here at least once. One even had to stay here to avoid being seized. It partially sunk over the winter, and then was transported to the mouth of the St Lawrence.

Catalyst said...

Arrrr, Joanie, methinks I can see why you'd be a pirate's wench. That is, if they all look like that guy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, wenching does look fun #8^ )

Charlestonjoan said...

Doug: They are a sight aren't they? We have one of our own now.

Catalyst: My, my, my. He was purty.

Anon: I think it might be. :)

Marcheline said...

Joan, you have a crazed look in your eye like you're planning to eat him alive once the photo is taken! 8-) He does look tasty...

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - Maybe I did :)))