18 February 2009

Bless You!


Slave Cabin, Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, SC

It has been a very bad season for colds. I walk daily through a valley of germs, coughing to the right of me, sneezing to the left. Even the name "common cold" is disrespectful considering the disruption and misery it causes.

There has finally been some good news about cold research, but why is there so little attention paid to one of the biggest health nuisances of all? Where is the National Cold Foundation?

Seriously. Rest, fluids, gargle? Is that is the best we can do?

Why aren't we:

Collecting Coins for Coughers
Walking to Stop Mucous
Running the 5K Saturday Night Fever Run
Raising funds by dancing the Sniffle Shuffle
Celebrating at the Salt Water Gargle Gala

How about a $1 from every box of Kleenex going to Cold research?

Meanwhile, no relation to the entry, our picture today is of the slave cabins that are being renovated at Magnolia Plantation because someone did a google search that led to me and I had nothing for them to find. Now I do. More here.

I am off to make chicken ginger soup for a friend with a cold.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a cold in at least 10 years and my immune system is rock solid because I eat at least one piece of fruit each day.

B SQUARED said...

It's a "cold" cruel world out there.

Anonymous said...

Chicken Ginger soup? Now THAT sounds good!!!!

Anonymous said...

Anon: I don't think it is quite that simple. You are very fortunate.

B Squared: it is :)

Denise: It is yummers. They used to serve it at Mustard Seed but stopped so I had to try to duplicate it.

PJ said...

I have a cold. A very bad one. I desperately need chicken ginger soup. Seriously. Slurrrrrrrp. It sounds so delicious.