21 February 2009

Chasing the Black Cab - The Citadel


The Citadel, Charleston, SC

I've been introducing my favorite Frenchman to some of my best Charleston spots on our walks. Last Saturday I showed him Charleston's own odd little piece of the Netherlands at the windmill on Plymouth Rd. in Riverland Terrace. Today we walked through Hampton Park, around the Citadel campus, peaked in the beautiful Summerall Chapel and stopped for lunch at Hominy Grill, all before he headed in for a full day of work.

I am the most boring person in restaurants. As soon as I find my favorite item on the menu I never order anything else. At Hominy Grill it is the eggplant, goat cheese and red pepper sandwich. I haven't eaten there for well over a year but my tasty little darling was just as good as I remembered. Yum. I could do a directory of my ONE chosen item at each restaurant I go to.

My friend Andre' has a new blog and is the General Manager at McCrady's, one of Charleston's top restaurants. Stop by and say hello at Out of the Kitchen.

What should be next on his lowcountry tour?

7 comments:

Lowell said...

Thanks for this. I've heard and read so much about the Citadel, but had never seen it. Beautiful building and campus.

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome.

Commander Zaius said...

Next on the Lowcountry tour?
Patriot's Point, Fort Moultrie, or Fort Sumter. All are great places to spend the day.

Hilda said...

It really does look like a citadel! I was going to say that that's a very unusual name for a school but I followed the link first and discovered it's a military school. The name's appropriate then :D
--
Don't forget to vote for the April theme! We get two choices this time, thanks to Elaine. Please help spread the word too.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful.

Jane Hards Photography said...

It is beautiful and a lovely light colour.

Charlestonjoan said...

Beachbum - I'll put them on the list!
Wildstorm - Thanks.
cieldequimper - It is indeed. It is one of many there.
Babooshka - Thank you!
Hilda - Will do.