03 February 2009

Fuschia Tea Emporium


Fuschia Tea Emporium, 113 Church St., Charleston, SC

Even though I brought work home to make up for it, it felt deliciously wicked to skip out of work to join a few fellow bloggers to try out the new tea room on Church St. Since we have our very own official Tea Blogger and Tea Tour Operator right here in the Lowcountry, it seemed like the right thing to do.

Running late, I parked at home and walking down in a rush met my friend Estelle on King St. and kidnapped her as well before we joined Uniquely Tea, Kittens on the Keyboard and the Pat half of Pat and Kathie.

Scones, mushroom and leak tarts, balsamic chicken with provolone, spinach and sundried tomatoes, crab with roasted golden corn and asparagus, boursin spread with vegetables over cheddar crisps......and I haven't even mentioned the desserts. Yum.

We had such a fun time and Mary Margaret McLernon was the perfect hostess. Thanks Ladies! Let's make it an annual event.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I couldn't make it. I hope you got the message I left.

Charlestonjoan said...

Mike - I gather five women and invited YOU. :)) Sorry you missed it. We missed you.

Anonymous said...

Tea - yummy
love shirley

PJ said...

Oooooooh, I'm swoooooning. It sounds so delicious...if I come to town I'll be sure to eat there.

Maggsworld said...

Sounds like a treat. Maggs

Anonymous said...

And the company was even better than the food and tea! I had a great time! You all are so NICE!

Anonymous said...

Shirley - It was! Shortbread for dessert. :)
PJ - You should!
Maggsworld - It was a real afternoon treat. Felt downright sneaky doing it in the middle of the afternoon on a week day.
Denise - Likewise! It was too fun. Nice to get to know the famous Tea Blogger.

becomingkate said...

Great shot! I love pics of cups, not sure why.

Anonymous said...

becomingtea: we decided Canadians were more likely to have nice teacups.

Pat said...

Such a fun afternoon treat! I'm definitely in for the annual event.

You could be a food photographer, Joan. Your pics look good enough to eat - almost as good as the real thing!

Antjas said...

I have these dishes and I'm Canadian!! Does that mean if I ever get to Charleston you'll take me for tea? I'll bring my own cup if I have to.

Charlestonjoan said...

Antjas - That is too funny! Maybe I will take you to tea :). I have tea cups that my mum was given as gifts many years ago. I drink mine from a large mug though.