23 February 2009

Good Stuff


Wentworth Mansion, Charleston, SC

My entries have nothing to do with my pictures. So there.

Check out this sweet story I found on MissCellania about construction workers at a children's cancer hospital in Boston who delighted the kids by spraying their names on the construction beams:

It has become a beloved ritual at Dana-Farber: Every day, children who come to the clinic write their names on sheets of paper and tape them to the windows of the walkway for ironworkers to see. And, every day, the ironworkers paint the names onto I-beams and hoist them into place as they add floors to the new 14-story Yawkey Center for Cancer Care.

6 comments:

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

nice photo. I enjoyed my time in Charleston

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing that Joan. It made my day.

Judy said...

Pretty photo and moving story. Thanks Joan.

Anonymous said...

There are just so many people trying, in their own little ways, to make a difference for others. Thank you so much for passing that on, Joan. Pam D.

Doug said...

That is such a cool thing to do!

Charlestonjoan said...

Julie - Good!

Denise, Jarart, Pam, Doug - Made me smile :)