08 February 2009

Roadside Napping


Edisto Island, SC

I am posting this early in case you were looking for a romantic spot to take your sweetheart for Valentine's Day. $10 for a photo op. Wonder what it would cost to take a nap? Uugh.

We are going to stray off strict the "Charleston Daily Photo" territory once and awhile. This will be the start of a "day trip" from Charleston category. This one is from a lovely drive to Edisto Beach. I took the picture some time ago so the mattress may have rotted away by now.

I am just back from a pre-pig out walk. My friend Estelle is treating me to brunch at the Palmetto Cafe at Charleston Place Hotel this morning. I have to walk a couple miles and then walk there and back to earn the calories I am planning to eat this morning. Yum.

6 comments:

Judy said...

What a strange sight! I think I would pass on that. Good find for a photo though.

becomingkate said...

A hillbilly hammock! That's something we might have done as kids, lol.

Doug said...

Of what would they expect you to take a picture...?

Les said...

I guess everyone is doing what they can to make a little extra money. Last time I was in Edisto, there was no charge.

Maggsworld said...

Enjoy your feast.. Maggs

Anonymous said...

Jarart: I passed on it as well :)

becomingkate: Good name for it!

Doug: I imagine enough people stopped to take a picture that they thought they might make a little cash. Truthfully, I didn't notice that until I was pulling away.

Les: Is it still there?

Maggsworld: Oh, I did. Thanks. I am still full!