16 February 2009

Sharrie Williams & The Wise Guys


Sharrie Williams and the Wise Guys, James Island, SC

Tonight was the last night of the 19th Annual 2009 Southern Comfort Lowcountry Blues Bash, and shame on me, the first event I've attended this year.

This final event was held at the Lowcountry Senior Center and since they are part of our health system I like to support their events if I can. Sharrie Williams and the Wise Guys were the entertainment and they were wonderful.

During this song she had every women in the place up on the dance floor with her and they were clearly having a blast. These folks makes the expression "senior citizen", look like the happening thing to be. They were having a grand time.

Hot tip, kids: Shrimp City Slim told me that he has plans for regular Blues & BBQ river boat cruises in the works. Fun!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Oh, I'd love to share in that fun! Love the blues.

Anonymous said...

What fun! (Even though it was the blues.) Actually, "senior citizen" doesn't sound all that bad compared to the UK equivalent: "Old Age Pensioner" (OAP for short). Ouch.

Charlestonjoan said...

jarart: You would have loved it.

Denise: Old Age Pensioner....ouch. I'd want a pretty big pension for that.