09 March 2009

Busier than Thou!


King St., Charleston, SC

I've been tugged in a thousand directions at work lately and hope I haven't let anything crucial slip through the cracks. I have pages and pages of scrawled messages to return. Every time I leave my office I come back to exactly seven new messages. It's all good stuff but I have that sinking feeling. Blub, blub.

How busy am I? I googled to find out how busy everyone else is and came up with:

Busier Than a Crack Dealer on Payday
Busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs
Busier than normal but I just cannot stop working
Busier than a one-armed paper hanger
Busier than a one-armed man in a rowing competition
Busier than a one-legged man at an ass kicking contest
Busier than a one armed brick layer in Beirut
Busier than a bee collecting honey.
Busier than a one-toothed beaver
Busier than a one-legged Riverdancer
Busier Than You Thought I Was.
I am busy, busier than thou!

Anyway. Like I said, it's all good stuff and a couple of incredible opportunities have been popping up, one which might involve travel to a most unexpected place. More on that soon.

I have been asked to do a couple of presentations to active seniors on blogging. What shall I tell them about this wonderful, wacky crowd I've grown accustomed to hanging out with? YOU.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Busy is as busy does.
Sounds intriguing, this possible trip. I hope it's something exotic and photogenic, like George Clooney.

Charlestonjoan said...

PJ: It is exotic and I would get to go because it is photogenic. Wow. Do you think George Clooney might want to go with me?

Pixel Peeper said...

LOL at the long-tailed cat...

Don't leave us hanging for too long on the travel to unexpected places!