23 March 2009

Cruising the Charleston Harbour


Gunilla, Maritime Center, Charleston, SC

While you were all working today I was exactly where I should be on a pretty day - out on the harbor on a yacht. Yes sireee...... It's been a long time since I've seen Charleston from that angle. I was so caught up in the scenery that I kept forgetting I had been invited along primarily to take pictures of the other guests.

It was a perfect day for a boat ride. We took off from Toler's Cove and the Captain gave us a good tour of the harbor, under the Ravenel Bridge and up the Cooper River. It was a beautiful day in good company. I felt pretty lucky.

I suppose I do have to get back to reality tomorrow, huh?

3 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

I try to avoid reality as much as possible. As a concept it's overrated.

Charlestonjoan said...

Beach Bum - I am having a bit of a hard time with it. Too busy at work lately.

Susan Moorhead said...

whoa, totally decent day.