26 March 2009

Even the mountains will fade


North Charleston, SC

Do not put your faith in the tangible my son, for even the mountains will fade away...

I took this picture a couple of years ago when artists took over a group of houses just before they were demolished in North Charleston.

My Dad and his wife arrive for a lowcountry break after a long cold Canadian winter tomorrow afternoon. Sadly I've discovered that I've forgotten how to throw regular meals together. I eat so simply by myself that I am long out the routine of putting together a week of meals with different courses. Sorry Dad.

I made a pot of beef stew last night and the makings for chicken pot pie. I'll see if I can throw together a key lime pie tonight but what about the rest of the week? How many days can I respectably serve them grilled cheese sandwiches?

Sure, I have eggs but they are Cadbury's. :)

2 comments:

Catalyst said...

If you're talking Cadbury's CHOCOLATE eggs . . just let me know what time to be there!!!

Charlestonjoan said...

Cadbury's chocolate indeed :) Eggs are good for you. We all know that. Yum yum.