29 March 2009

Tell me about the time.....


Charleston, SC

I've had the most interesting afternoon.

My dad and his wife Dianne are visiting from Canada this week. My father is 83 and has led a fascinating life. From growing up on a farm in rural Canada, he traveled all over the world, raised eight children and served as headmaster of a school in north east India for fifteen years. I had the idea that while he was visiting me it might be nice to have someone interview him so we would have some of his adventures recorded.

Luckily I knew the right people for the project! Dan Conover, journalist/writer and Don Lewis, videographer came over last weekend and got the basic layout of his life story and reviewed pictures. They returned this afternoon ready to get to work.

Dan was wonderful, asked all the right questions to get my Dad talking while Don kept the cameras rolling. It was a great idea to have someone outside the family ask the questions and to know how to encourage someone to talk.

I can't wait to see what they come up with! Thank you gentlemen!

5 comments:

Doug said...

What a nifty idea. I would have been happy if my folks had simply written some things down.

MrScribbler said...

Pure genius, Joan! Wish more people would do that....

Mo said...

A great way to preseve history

Roger said...

Keeping an eye on this one Joan !!! Bradar Roger

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joan, looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. Sally