18 April 2009

Busy Weekends


Spring St., Charleston, SC

Whoops. I missed posting the Easter Bunny picture this year.

I can check a couple of my events off the list after hosting a volunteer recognition luncheon for 130 today at the Charleston Marriott on Lockwood Drive. If you haven't been in there since it was the Sheraton it's time to go back. They invested bucket loads of money into renovating. As long as I can get the banquet room with the doors opening into the courtyard it is a lovely place for an event.

All went well, no major bloopers on all the award certificates, or programs. What a wonderful crowd of people I work with. We must have made a good impression because one of the waiters decided he wanted to come and talk to me about being a hospital volunteer as well.

Then..(drum roll)...I bought a car! I'm tickled pink. I bought an adorable little 2006 Scion Xa with very low mileage and came home feeling like I got a great deal. I've been driving a 1997 Lumina I'd bought from one of my senior volunteers years ago. This is definitely a step in the fun direction.

4 comments:

MrScribbler said...

I'd say "you da man!" except that'd be hideously inappropriate!

The Xa is a fine set o' wheels!

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

Oh, lawsy...I just can't see you in a cinder block on wheels. But I have adapted to greater incongruities.

joan said...

Waldo - see if they are giving away any of those sweet little cars they make up your way. That would suit me just fine. ;)

Srib - I needed you to say that :)

Vera said...

Love that bunny!