26 April 2009

The end of my precious weekend


Charleston Harbour, Charleston, SC

For a city on a peninsula Charleston doesn't have very many real waterfront restaurants. Fleet Landing is one and it is a treat. Even better, it sits out in the marsh on a reinforced pier in a renovated concrete marine building with windows and porches all the way around the building. It was a warm day in the sun and there was a cool ocean breeze.

I met friends there this afternoon and sat on that front porch drinking mimosas and enjoyed a crab sandwich before we headed to final performance of Cirque Du Soleil. It was a perfect way to end the weekend.

Now, I have to really end the weekend by paying all my bills. Blah.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Fleet Landing is my favorite on the water restaurant in Charleston too. So fun to visit vicariously with you!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is helping me find places to eat while attending HarborFest. Please do make that directory of what foods you like at each restaurant. Your photos are marvelous. Many thanks.

Commander Zaius said...

As we were leaving Charleston Saturday we passed the Coliseum and saw the Cirque Du Soleil trailer. My wife flipped! She loves Cirque Du Soleil.

Loved Middleton Place, heading back down in a couple months for Magnolia Plantation.

Joan said...

Julia - Somehow I never think to go there on my own so it was a treat. The weather was perfect.

Anon - Harborfest! I hear it is going to be wonderful this year with a record number of tall ships. This is grand. I've been offered a chance to dress up and be a Pirate's wench. Ha! I have not agreed to it.

Beach Bum - Tell her it was grand. I was in the front row and terrified that I would be picked to participate. I like both Middleton and Magnolia but Magnolia is the one I keep an annual pass to. It is not such a formal garden. Your little gal will like the petting zoo and board walk through the swamp.

JFH said...

I love Fleet Landing and not just because the owners are good friends of my wife and my sisters-in-law.

JFH