15 April 2009

Secret Mission


Charleston, SC

My taxes went in the mail on Monday. My accountant puts them together since I have to deal with rent from tenants etc. and he has moved his office to Daniel Island. When I was ready he tried to save me a trip by letting me know that he would be in town for church on Sunday and I could leave them at Second Presbyterian.

I banged on the door of the education building where a janitor was supposed to be working with no luck. A choir member let me in the side door of the empty church and I wandered trying to think of a safe place to leave my taxes. I felt like a spy hiding an envelope and leaving a message telling him where to find them. "Psssst....manila envelope in the church foyer, in the desk, under the crayons."

Luckily he is a regular church goer and was able to drop the completed envelope back on a return visit.

Okay kids. I hope everyone gets a hefty tax refund. I am off to bed. Y'all turn the lights out.

8 comments:

Julia@kolo said...

Hurray for taxes in! That's a beautiful foggy morning picture. Where is it?

Anonymous said...

Wow....beautiful picture Joan.Sally

Pat said...

I just love that photo, Joan. Did you realize I used a mini of it in our annual report? Beautiful.

Love the pics of the kids below too. Hm, wonder where I can use that? :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Julia - Hurray indeed! The photo is in the front of Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital. Not a bad view to see out of my office window, eh?

Sally - Isn't it wonderful. They are making it into a formal garden. I hope that is a good thing.

Pat - I am sure you will find a use for the kiddie shots :)) You always do!

B SQUARED said...

So your the one who got a refund. Not I. Next year maybe we can eliminate the government all together and I can just send you a check.

Halcyon said...

I had to pay. :(

PJ said...

I never know what I'm going to find when I visit you, it's always something new.
I love your little Air Stream. I'm tempted to show her to my hubby. I'll bet he would fall in love right away.

Judy said...

I'm speechless!