11 April 2009

Thai Treats in Santee


Thai House, Santee, SC

It's been a heavenly day in South Carolina with bright skies with while billowy clouds. I started off buying fresh tomatoes at the Farmer's Market and ended on a long drive in the country. The lowcountry is a garden of color at this time of year.

We were hungry around Santee and in my continuing campaign to try the green curry at every Thai restaurant in SC we stopped at the Thai House in a little strip mall in Santee. My face must have been so downcast when they said they didn't put eggplant in their green curry that they offered to do it just for me. I can look so very pitiful for a cause. :))

I sat next to the display of framed pictures of past customers (you can see them on the left) and it seemed only fitting to make sure I was included when they expanded their showcase to cover the whole wall. Grandma and Grandpa were visiting from California so they rallied three generations for a group photo, sent out a complimentary Thai pudding treat and packed us off with Thai travel brochures.

Yum, yum!

No comments: