20 May 2009

Angel in the window


Coming St., Charleston, SC

I think I saw an angel but I'm not sure.

I need an angel tonight. Lord. I need to get out of the landlady business. I came back from my trip to a "Dear Joan...." letter. My tenant skipped while I was away.

Since the room had been passed from one person to another without any gap it really does need attention. I've been painting the bathroom and I'm just not in the mood anymore. I don't want to paint rooms for other people. I don't want to pull off the stickers they put all over the washing machine and the little seahorse stickers they stuck on the tub tiles.

If I never paint another room it will be okay with me. Meanwhile, standing on the toilet to reach the ceiling started a nice steady drip of water from the back of the tank. Drip, drip. Aaargh.

Do angels paint bathrooms? This one looks like she might.

9 comments:

Doug said...

One thing I have never aspired to be is landlord. People don't look after their own places, so I don't want them living in my space :-)

B SQUARED said...

There are a lot of us "former" landlords. Our motto is, "never again."

Chuck Boyd said...

As a homeowner - an "older" one - I vowed not to climb up on ladders anymore. (Or toilet tanks).

That affects painting, roofing and all sorts of other jobs. Happily, I have found a true handyman and have used him for years.

He doesn't paint but sent over a fellow church member who does. Also sent me a great husband/wife plumber team and someone who sprays popcorn ceilings.

Hit me up for some names if you wish.

We're all in this together!

Charlestonjoan said...

Doug - I never wanted to be one either, it just kinda happened to me.

B Squared - Amen. I'll get there!

Chuck - Thanks much. I have a fellow who is very helpful right now. I'll keep painting (blah) but he is going to help with the toilet etc. this time. I may holler for your names yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey anyone have the names of some well-adjusted [meaning no druggies, financially unstable, mentally unstable] humans in need of place to stay? Daughter had 2 housemates move out! Eek!

Charlestonjoan said...

Anon: Look on Craigslist. That is where they all are. I just got a deposit on my apartment this morning.

Beverly said...

Actually, Joan, that angel looks like a cat to me. But cats seldom have haloes, though.

Marcheline said...

Hey Joan,

Maybe some of us landlords should just get together and live. We can all take care of painting our own rooms, and never have to deal with tenants again!

Sorry to hear about your skippers - that really sucks! Hoping your next tenant is a handyman who's willing to fix the place up himself and help you out as well! Maybe even a CUTE handyman (wink).

- M

Charlestonjoan said...

Beverly - I will admit it is an off looking angel!

Marcheline - I actually have my house for sale which doesn't mean a thing these days. Every other house is for sale. I want to downsize and not have to deal with this stuff anymore.