22 May 2009

Friday Blog Hopping


Magnolia Plantation Gardens, Charleston, SC

Pen & Ink Illustrations: check this entry for the loveliest birthday wish to a mother.

Beautiful ads about Amtrak. It's about time, eh?

Manhole covers from around the world. Neato. As often as I point my camera on the ground you'd think I'd have some of these.

Fresh flowers die. :(. Send a Hoopla Forever Bouquet!

The Problem with Young People Today is........

Freaky YouTube Monster.

It's Friday kids! Hip, hip, hurray! I cut it close but I did make it to my matinee at the Terrace Theater just a few minutes late. I went to see Is Anybody There with Michael Caine and sat in the dark with my mug of hot tea. Let the weekend begin. What is everyone up to?

3 comments:

Julia said...

Biking in the park, plus taking lots of pictures! I'll grab a snap of a manhole cover, it's a great idea (we have rubbings of Prague covers, but not pics).

What are you up to?

prado said...

Hey, a very interesting blog you have, and I don't know what I like more-your shots or your comments, hehe..I happened to spend a few days in your city once(a long time ago)and I fully agree-It's very beautiful ;D

Charlestonjoan said...

Julia - First day of a long weekend and I am already whupped. I started early at a fundraising pancake breakfast at Applebee's, came home to paint the ceiling and woodwork in the rental apartment, met with prospective tenant, rented the apartment, had a workman over to spray paint the house and went on a picnic to Botany Bay. Whew. I am just getting home now. Couch looks good.

prado - Thank you!