29 September 2009

Think You're Funny?


Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, S.C.

The Shoebox blog cracks me up and I've linked to it before. Now they are offering a chance for you clever people to get published. If you have an idea for an original Shoebox greeting card here are the instructions for submitting it.

Their really important tip is: Your ideas should be so good that people will pay money to send them to their family and friends.

I especially like their Funny but No series of submissions that didn't make it to the card stage. Heh.

How about a series of "Dear Joan" cards....?

Note to Waldo: I deliberately included the joggling board in the photo scene. For you.

4 comments:

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

Oh, bliss....you are too kind. Thank you!

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Fantastic Joan !! This is a lovely shot !!Unseen Rajasthan

Frank said...

My wife is in tears after reading the Shoebox card about waterfalls and not yet being in a catatonic state at your desk. (We share a library table with dueling laptops but she reads you without ever leaving comments.) She and I can't stop laughing at some of the ones that didn't make it. The father's Day NO cards are hilarious.

Charlestonjoan said...

Frank - Aren't they hilarious! I can picture you two across the table comparing notes :)