13 October 2009

The Economy is so bad that......


Hwy 17, S.C.

They were out of gas the day I stopped by.

The Economy Is So Bad That:
* I got a pre-declined credit card offer in the mail.
* Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.
* Parents in Bevery Hills are considering raising their own children.
* I saw the CEO of Wal-Mart shopping at Wal-Mart.
* Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.
* A van full of legal immigrants illegally was spotted crossing the border into Mexico.
* I saw four CEOs playing miniature golf.
* Even people who aren’t cabinet members aren’t paying taxes.

That’s only 8 of them...darn recession is scaling down everything.

Bed time kids. I have another day full of meetings tomorrow. Don't stay up to late.

10 comments:

Caroline in the City said...

I always mean to stop here but I can never remember where it is until I've already passed it!

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful place and a nice shot !!

Halcyon said...

That's about the nicest looking Texaco I've ever seen. Is it still open?

Charlestonjoan said...

Caroline - It took me years as well but I finally did.

Rajasthan - Thank you.

Halcyon - No, it's empty. Just sitting there.

Anonymous said...

Those old stations are the best finds.

Frank said...

Hilarious. Too, too funny. The "pre-declined credit card" probably say it all, but the CEOs playing miniature golf is LOL funny.

Anonymous said...

Where exactly is this?

Charlestonjoan said...

Frank - I loved that first one too :))

Wildstorn - Knew you would like this one.

Anon - Heading south on Hwy 17 towards Beaufort. It is on the right.

BethanyC said...

Funny thing Joan... One of my close friends visited Charleston earlier this year, you may remember I asked you for advice for Children's activities. They stopped and took a photo of this gas station, similar perspective, and she entered it in the library photo contest at the beginning of this month. The photo won 2nd place in the adult landscape division. Nice little coincidence to see it here. :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Bethany - That is too fun! Congrats to her. It is a cool photo op.