21 December 2009

Through the Wrought Iron Gate


Society St., Charleston, S.C.

I have a "Peeping Camera".

Look at these incredibly beautiful Christmas pictures from Julia, a lowcountry native living in Prague: kolo kolo mlynsky::

I tried to go to Prague once but the Czech police stopped me cold. Hmmmph. Some minor detail about me still being Canadian and visas and "why don't you go to Slovakia and get a visa like all the other gypsies?", blah, blah, blah.

I'll show them. When I came home (after going to Slovakia) I started collecting citizenships and passports. One of these days I will storm the Charles Bridge as I originally intended to. I will be back.

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

Ohhhhh, I WANT, WANT, WANT that car!!!

Charlestonjoan said...

Sheesh. Now you need me to steal cars for you? ;)

Julia said...

Thanks for the link Joan! Next time you try to come to Prague let me know and we'll figure a way somehow. The Czechs get grumpy because Canada makes them have visas too, but that was truly uncalled for to be so rude.

julia@kolo

Charlestonjoan said...

Actually they were very nice but held firm. Since I bought my ticket in Charleston no one knew that they had slapped a visa requirement on Canadians. My daughter was already in Prague and I never showed up.