28 May 2010

Let the Festivities Begin


Market St., Charleston, S.C.

The Spoleto Festival began today with all the usual fanfare and not so much as a note from the mayor to my CEO asking that I be made available for the day. Walking the street late this evening I had to duck and dodge the crowds.

Besides all the big ticket events there are lots of little pop up musical acts like this one that gathered a quick spontaneous audience in the market. Should be a fun couple of weeks! Let me know if there is an event I shouldn't miss.

4 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

Each year I try and make it down to see at least a few things but always get sidetracked. At least this year its because we are leaving for vacation in a few days.

Charlestonjoan said...

Vacation.....sounds wonderful. I have to get through a few big things at work before I plan anything. I have the itchy feet in a bad way.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Nice photo. Don't you just love the festivies of summer!

Darryl and Ruth : )

Charlestonjoan said...

Virginia - It is fun!