20 May 2010

Tugboat Love


Charleston Harbor, Charleston, S.C.

One more from Wednesday morning because I can. Gotta love tugboats.

I am supposed to be cleaning my house but I keep awarding myself breaks.

Work has been non-stop lately and my little brain is tired. Every time I look up there are three people waiting in line to talk to me. Every time I talk to someone, three other people leave messages on my machine. If I walk out of my office, three people say "We came to see you and YOU WEREN'T THERE." If I leave for the night, three people leave notes on my door and three envelopes under the door. I need three of me to keep up.

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Awesome photo Joan!

Mrs. K said...

I need your advice on my latest blog post :)

Commander Zaius said...

Personally, I could squeeze by with just one clone to do yard work.

Charlestonjoan said...

I've pretty much let that go too.

Anonymous said...

Tugboats are awesome! In my next life, I am going to be a tugboat captain.

Laura said...

There used to be a kids show on here in Canada when my oldest two were young called, Theodore Tugboat. It starred Deny from the Mamma's & The Papa's.
Sigh... I loved that show!

Just tell everyone to eff off. Make sure you add an "eh?" to the end of it so that they know you mean business! :P

((Hugs))
Laura

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I feel your pain. I could have used at least one more of me this week. Nice shot. Tugboats look friendly to me.

Charlestonjoan said...

Anon - Good career choice!

Sunshine - Also that let's everyone know I am Canadian, eh.

bfarr - sounds like you know what I mean. I could have stayed until 9 pm and not finished. So, I didn't.

Annie said...

My husband is a tugboat captain for the company whose boat is pictured -- Moran. He loves his job. We know "Theodore Tugboat" well. You haven't lived until you've watched it with real tugboat men! A replica of the star of the show was in town a few years ago and my husband went to meet the captain and a picture of him and some friends standing on the dock looking up at the tug ended up in the paper.