20 June 2010

Comfy Chairs


Rutledge Ave., Charleston, S.C.

There is something about old abandoned chairs and I often catch myself taking pictures of them. Perhaps because we spend so much time in them they seem take on a presence of their own and have a story to tell. This one was resting on a curb on Rutledge Ave.

A house that does not have one warm, comfy chair in it is soulless.
May Sarton


My comfy spot is the corner of my couch with my legs curled up with my laptop, cuppa tea and the newspaper close by. I could live there with the occasional burst of energy to go on a long walk.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

4 comments:

MrScribbler said...

In most cases I think "trash!" when I see a chair abandoned on the sidewalk. You take a picture of one, and it really is a "comfy chair."

Always love seeing things through your eyes.

Charlestonjoan said...

Heya Scribbler! Good to hear from you. Pull up a chair...... :)

Daphne Wright said...

Think I'll go curl up in a comfy chair with a cup of tea.

Doug said...

Heh. I have about 50 photos of chairs in the wild and still corralled :-)