28 June 2010

Fun at the Beach


Sullivan's Island, S.C.

Island Life newspaper publisher - Linda Benedict uses some of my pictures on her cover once and awhile and this month she featured my friend Amber's adorable little boy Brody.

We took him out to Sullivan's Island a couple of weeks ago and in a few minutes another child joined the fun. Brody (in the wagon) and Luke made the perfect red, white and blue scene for the July cover and I spotted it this afternoon. They were just too darned cute!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being published - real cute picture! - MC (I read your blog every day.)

Charlestonjoan said...

Thank you MC! It is a thrill every time.

Namrata said...

You must be thrilled, as most of us are,whenever your pictures inspire professionals to use them or artists to reproduce those as their artistic instincts prompt them.Apart from giving you due credits, I hope your bank account too is credited,that is if you are noy shy about this aspect.If that has been taken care of,it's ok.Otherwise I think you should consult professionals who are familiar with issues related to IPR.Seriously.Not joking.

Charlestonjoan said...

Most of my event photography is on a volunteer basis for non-profits as a donation. In this case the Island Life newspaper gives me half a page in each issue to promote my programs and the people who work for me. I could never pay for that. I get what I need and she gets what she needs.