29 June 2010

The Tea Lady strikes again


Charleston, S.C.

I came home to find this on my porch. The Tea Lady strikes again!

Denise, the tea blogger is moving to England and cleaning out her treasures. A couple of weeks ago I was surprised to find a hard cover book in my mail on "Tea, Legend, Life and Livelihood of India" and today I find this cool tea chest. She knew I'd like it considering my background in the hills of north east India.

Thanks Denise! It will be nice to have someone to visit in England!

5 comments:

Charlestonjoan said...

Isn't it fun? A neat bit of history.

Anonymous said...

Wow I am so jealous! What lovely gifts she has given you!

Charlestonjoan said...

I know! Lucky me :)

Namrata said...

Looks like there will be plenty of tea sessions in Charleston.'Charleston Tea Party'sounds cheerful,does'nt it compared to "Boston Tea Party"?
July 1st 2010 at 7.19 pm IST

Anonymous said...

Glad I had the correct address! I had to make a very unexpected (and, sadly, unpleasant) emergency trip to my dentist in Mt. Pleasant so not knowing when/if I would make it downtown next, I loaded it up in the Jag and trolled the streets looking for your pad. :-) It's definitely unique and it couldn't be passed along to a nicer person. xxx