20 July 2010

At this very moment


Waterfront Park, Charleston, S.C.

I try not to promote graffiti that borders on vandalism but I do snag some shots for my own files and this is an oldie but goodie.

I like people who appreciate the very moment when things are good instead of always talking about the "good old days" after the fact. These kids marked the moment. 6:10 am. Four friends. The best of times and they knew it.

The inscription was marked on one of the pillars at the waterfront park and has been long cleaned off but I know it was there and smile every time I stand there sniffing the ocean air.

3 comments:

Marcheline said...

Isn't it weird how you know when it's the best of times... and you're right? Which means that later, things pretty much suck. But at least you had the best of times! It's like... is that really a good thing? I mean, of course you wouldn't want to go through an entire life of suck-ness without any best times, but then again if you never had any best times you wouldn't know what you were missing, so...

My brain has not forgotten my teenage years as quickly as my boobs have.

Charlestonjoan said...

The weirdest thing is that someone emailed me and said her friends wrote it. That is such a wild cooincidence.

Marcheline said...

Coo-incidence. An incident involving Scottish cattle, yes?