25 July 2010

The little people left their toys out


John St., Charleston, S.C.

The little people left their toys out. Check the larger version.

In other news, you know I am a walking nut. I grew up walking miles every day. I march briskly and endlessly around the Charleston peninsula with the odd field trip through swamps and cemeteries. I've spent vacations hiking across countries. On occasion I like to share good walking quotes and thoughts by my fellow walkers.

Here is an article on walking that I spotted in the Guardian UK yesterday:

This column will change your life: A step in the right direction.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Great article! I doubt Thoreau or Nietzsche ever experienced a brisk walk during a sweltering Summer in Charleston! I admire your ability to do so!! More power to you! Meanwhile, I'll be hanging out in my air conditioning until October!!

Charlestonjoan said...

I go out later and later and leave a trail of sweat all over town. It is disgustingly hot, isn't it?