29 August 2010

Art Walking



McCrady's Restaurant, Unity Alley, Charleston, S.C.

Artist Gina Brown is doing a Charleston series again, with most of her paintings based on my photos. I love it! Check out her painting blog to see more of the series. This particular one features two of my favorite things - good food and the adorable British style Charleston Black Cab.

Gina shows locally at Shelby Lee Gallery on Church St. just off Market so if you are in town stop by. They look even better in real life.

Okay kids, enough lolly-gagging around. Who is going walking with me?

5 comments:

Jack said...

Looks like a scene from a noir detective story.

Randy said...

Wonderful post. I love her painting of the pear and the red flower.

MrScribbler said...

If I could paint, I'd be inspired by your photos, too, Joan. I know they inspire my photography....

Except when I take pictures of animals and birds. You don't do enough of those, so I have to figure them out for myself!

Anonymous said...

It looks like she is off to a good start. Wanda does an art series too and uses some of my photos. I think she just did hawks.

Gina Brown said...

Thanks again Joan!