28 August 2010

Writer's workshop and more....


King St., Charleston, S.C.

I love this old building on King St. Some day it will be a renovated eye catcher but I'm rather fond of it just the way it is, aren't you?

I've been doing Zuuuuuumba on Thursdays and Saturdays this month so I can learn some of the steps. Slow learner here. Heheh. So many of my friends have signed up we are soon going to need a bigger room.

These boots are exactly what we need in Charleston!

My friend and writer Stephanie Hunt is holding a writer's retreat and the topic made me smile:
Writing Raw: What revealing has to do with revelation, and how to write about family without being disowned.
Presenter: Stephanie Hunt
September 08, 2010, 7 - 9 PM
Tuition: Workshop - $25 in advance ~ $35 at the door.

Stephanie writes for SKIRT!, Charleston Magazine and House Calls. She pops up in everything I open to read and still seems to have a loving family so she may know what she is talking about!

Okay, kids! Have a nice weekend.

10 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

That writer's workshop sounds fun. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next one, and hope I'm not on call.

The Sophia Institute sounds like a great organization.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

What a great old building. In the right hands, it could be renovated and still retain its character. Nice photos.

Darryl and Ruth : )

becomingkate said...

That would make a perfect starter place for a small business. Love the tree in front!

JanetLee said...

Oh poo poo I'm working that night. Pout. Stephanie interviewed me once and she was so great, made me look like an intelligent person instead of a babbling loon!

Annie said...

Don't you wonder what was once attached to the side? And why it was taken down? And what has the building been used for? I can't help it. I can appreciate a beautiful photo like this but I can't help but wonder about the who, why, when and what. It's the amateur historian in me....

Charlestonjoan said...

Annie, It looks like it should have porches on both levels on the side of the house. They gradually cleared most of that block and were going to put new mixed construction up but I imagine the economic downturn put a hold on that. We don't tear down historically significant houses so this one would have been spared. It will be a real treasure again.

Charlestonjoan said...

JanetLee - cool! Did she do the article in SKIRT about you?

becomingkate - I do too!

Darryl & Ruth - It will be, eventually.

BeachBum - yes, it sounds like something they do hold. Stephanie has her own blog now as well.

JanetLee said...

Yes, the night shift workers series.

Susan Moorhead said...

That workshop sounds great. Good luck with the Zumba. I have the dvds and halfway through the first one realized I just don't have those moves in me!

Anonymous said...

Love the boots, but they need to be in inches for us!