27 October 2010

Come on in and slam the door shut.....


Old Charleston Jail, Magazine St., Charleston, S.C.

Let's continue our Halloween week features with another peak at the old Charleston jail. The jail is supposed to be one of the most haunted places in town and regularly featured on ghost walks. Boo! I would imagine it would be a pretty spooky place at night. Bulldog tours web site says:
This is quite possibly the scariest place you will ever go. The experience is NOT recommended for small children or men that cry easily.**
Gotta love it!

Meanwhile, today the jail houses the American College of Building Arts and they are throwing their annual Red Party tomorrow night and my friend Becca who actually works in the jail, asked me to invite YOU.
The American College of the Building Arts (ACBA) invites all who are brave enough to serve time at the most haunted building in Charleston, South Carolina. Mystery, intrigue and pure enchanting delight will meet a red theme at the Old City Jail on Thursday, October 28, 2010 from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm. The historic building that houses the college will be transformed into a rich red decadence that only ACBA can produce. Come dressed in... red and mask your face.

The Red Party is the kind of party that people are dying to get in! But the main purpose is to raise awareness for our mission, and emphasize the need for educated artisans in America. All proceeds from the event will help support the education of ACBA’s students.

The event will host a silent auction including incredible luxury trips, fine art, exciting adventures and items crafted by the students of ACBA! DJ Arthur Brouthers will have the crowd dancing to beats while guests enjoy an open bar and a delicious repast sponsored and prepared by Good Food Catering.

Tickets are $55 in advance and $65 at the door. To purchase tickets please call 843-577-5245 or visit our website at www.buildingartscollege.us.

7 comments:

Randy said...

Great post. I can think of a few people I would put in there.

Cullen said...

I'm so excited! I'm taking a date there Friday night on the tour because she's into scary things. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to pony up for this ACBA night, but it sounds like a great time!

Commander Zaius said...

Toured the old jail once and while I'm not into ghosts I had the weirdest feelings walking around inside the place.

Charlestonjoan said...

Randy - My friend Becca has an office in there so she gave me a personal tour.

Cullen - She is going to love it! Have a great time!

Beach Bum - exactly. There is so much history there.

Marcheline said...

That sounds like a blast and a half! I toured an old psych hospital once (with underground tunnels) and I can still feel the shivers.

Becca said...

Comment from the Jailer's Quarters--
Thanks for extending the invitation, Joan! ACBA appreciates it. It will be an amazing event--hope you're coming!

Charlestonjoan said...

Becca - I didn't make it but I hope it was a grand success! Can't wait to see pictures.