24 November 2010

On the road - San Francisco


San Francisco, CA

Climbing hilly streets in San Francisco, sipping tea in coffee shops and drinking coffee in tea shops. I liked Rani's reflection in her glasses.

Found the painted lady houses but I've been ruined living in an old house too long and can only see what a nightmare they would be to paint. We walked through Haight Ashbury and then spent yesterday afternoon in the SF Museum of Modern Art. I felt so incredibly lucky to find that the special exhibition was on photography especially Henri Cartier Bresson. Wow.

My daughter does the travel research and I am happy to be led to her discoveries when we are together. We found a Burmese restaurant Monday night and French Vietnamese last night. I believe she has an Ethiopian dinner planned for this evening. The best thing is, she actually has a job now and I am not paying for every meal. Miracles happen!


12 comments:

Birdman said...

Enjoyed your text about the daughter. Cool shots too.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Cool shots. Sounds like you are having a great time.

Anonymous said...

I adore the architecture!! I do.

Jack said...

My daughter got a job this fall. Marvelous! I understand your feelings. Nice photos. Glad you are enjoying your visit and touring a great city.

Unknown said...

I love the idea of traveling. As a photographer, I always want to see something new. As part of the Gigats community, I do photography in exchange of other services, such as housekeeping and web designing. Well, I must say that my travel now does not only benefit my passion but as well as our Gigats review book, to be released online next year. It's just nice to do things our of passion and getting several "thank you" from people. Just like how you consider your daughter's job as a miracle, this is my version of it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've hit the photographers architectural mother lode. SF is like that. :)

S

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time together-- FAMILY-- one of many reasons to give THANKS. Happy and safe travels. Connie

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks everyone! Odd to spend the holiday in a hotel but we will walk the parks today and have dinner reservations for this evening. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the greetings, Joan! Hope you have a very Happy Thanksginving yourself.

Lowell said...

Great reflection shot. Love San Francisco even though I've only been there a couple of times. I wish you a great Thanksgiving celebration!

BeachGypsy said...

Love the sunglasses photo--------very cool! Glad you are enjoying your adventures and we do like reading about them!
We used to live in a painted lady, I did so enjoy painting all the intricate spindles on the front porch! Took awhile, but the end result was so worth it!

Charlestonjoan said...

Heading home to the lowcountry! Whatever made me book a 6 am flight?! Yawn.