21 November 2010

San Francisco Visit Day One


Balmy St. San Francisco, CA

I am watching the sun set over San Francisco from our tenth floor hotel room, resting my legs after hiking up hills all day and enjoying a cuppa tea. Not much to complain about here. We've had a lovely day starting off exploring the Mission District mural neighborhood where I was just in the nick of time to help with an emergency delivery on Balmy St.

We had giant burritos for lunch, headed (very briefly) to the chaos of Fisherman's Wharf and back through Chinatown. You know how I am about sidewalk graffiti and this is a wonderland of messages in the pavement. I keep tripping up traffic to read what is underfoot. I've also learned that MBT rocker bottom shoes are not necessarily the best for climbing up and down hilly streets.

Y'all be good! We can't all stop working and run away.

4 comments:

KIT said...

Welcome to the neighborhood. Sorry for the rain and cold weather. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Anonymous said...

You will have skinny legs by the time you are finished

Pamela said...

Wow! Glad you got there just in time to help deliver that Frida Kahlo-esque baby!! Such great art - can't wait to see more!

Commander Zaius said...

Bummer! Was on the Battery Saturday evening and did a decent stroll hoping I might bump into you.

Have a great time!