21 November 2010

That Magical Time of Year


Angel Tree, Charleston, S.C.

It's that magical time of year, kids! If you hurry you can sneak your name and gift list on Angel trees going up all over town and just wait for nice people to buy you everything you hoped for.

Oohhh, I'm just kidding. Kinda.

In other news it is after 4 a.m. Charleston time and I am settling into bed in a Nob Hill hotel in San Francisco. I am wide awake and have been catching up with my daughter. Can't wait to see what adventures we find in the morning!

8 comments:

Pat said...

Wondered why you were up so "early". Have fun, Joan!

Anonymous said...

I had a melt down in November 1991 just before Elizabeth was born, my fridge had leaked and water was pooling in the bottom. My sweet 4 year old Heather said,"it's okay Mom,just ask Santa and he will bring you a new one" That picked me up.....first off Fred unplugged the hose, but I did get a new fridge fairly soon after. Magical indeed. Good luck with your wish list, Santa may come through with 2 out of the 3, not bad. Have a great visit with your daughter.Sally

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time

Marcheline said...

For just a second there I said, "Ooooh, chocolate wine!"

Charlestonjoan said...

Pat - hahah! Did you pick my name? I meant to add "Dinner Certificates" :)

Sally - How adorable. Santa Fred.

maggsworld - I lan to!

Marcheline - Hmmmm....interesting!

Catalyst said...

Ach! I just suggested to Tombo that he look you up as he's about to arrive in Charleston on his "see the U.S.A." tour. Then I read your blog and find you're in San Francisco (lucky you!) so I went back to his blog and told him.

So it goes.

Charlestonjoan said...

Oh Catalyst - that is too bad! I am away Sat to Sat.

AnaVar said...

Cute idea! I'll put those little messages on a Christmas tree too!