13 December 2010

New City Field Trip


FAO Schwarz Toy Store, NYC

I am going to get kicked out of the "Daily Photo" community if I keep traveling! I have a little net book with me thinking it was travel lighter than my laptop but I am having trouble uploading photos so most will have to wait.

I am clearly not a local gal, wide eyed with delight at all the sights. Quick peak in St. Patrick's Cathedral, brunch at Brasserie 8 1/2, squeezed in the crowd to see the tree at Rockefeller Center, walked past the theater and got tickets to see Mama Mia - so much fun!

Haven't done any shopping yet except for one thing - there is a certain black hair clasp that I like that I can't find anywhere in Charleston. They must make random deliveries of Goodies hair products. We were in a Duane Reade drug store and I spotted them and bought all five they had. Since then I've been going in every one of the drugstores chains and buying up their stock on black plastic hair claws. Some people come to NYC for high fashion, I'm coming home with a backpack full of $5.49 hair claws. Heheh.

Stay warm kids!

7 comments:

Catalyst said...

Great photo, Joan. Yes, you are one lucky lass!

Leif Hagen said...

We used to have an FAO Schwartz store near here at the Mall of America but they closed! Zut alors!

Pamela said...

I love FAO Schwarz! One of my favorite places to visit in NYC!! Hope the TSA screeners don't think you're up to no good with all those hair claws! :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Catalyst - I am indeed!

Leif - Aww..that is too bad. This store was packed of course.

Pamela - Uhoh, hadn't thought of that. ;)

Namrata said...

The "Daily Photo" responsibility must be full of pressure ,isn't it ? How about a "Daily Joan Perry" blog as an alternative,where you post photos and entries as and when you have the time,according to your mood ?

Charlestonjoan said...

Namrata - My first blog was called Walk this Way and more of a hodge podge. When it crashed with 4 years of material I had to think quickly!

SteveP said...

It's funny you mention difficulty finding the Goodies clips you like. My girlfriend has the same problem with a certain type of Goodies hair ties. We, too, have undergone numerous fruitless recon missions to every beauty dept in town.