25 December 2010

Not a car in sight


Charleston, S.C.

This is a rare sight! Normally I have to worry about cars blocking my driveway but today the street is abandoned. It is so quiet in this college rental part of town it is almost spooky. I've hesitated doing my late night walk the last few evenings because it feels like I am alone in a ghost town.

I cooked what seemed like an extraordinary amount of food for my son and I. Luckily we both love leftovers so I am able to pack him off with food for the week. We just got back from seeing True Grit at the Terrace Theater in a packed theater.

It's been a perfectly nice day but I've had the most fun seeing all the pictures of kiddies excited about Christmas on blogs and Facebook. Enjoy those little rascals while you have them! They grow up and move across the country in a blink of an eye.

5 comments:

Randy said...

Our streets are like that too. What did you think of True Grit? It was filmed all over the area up here in Northern Mexico. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

We, too, over cater and will live off leftovers. Happy Christmas my friend.

eighat yoshi said...

hohoho~~~ merry christmas to you and family..!!

Charlestonjoan said...

Randy - I did like it! That young girl was amazing.

maggsworld - and to you!

eighat - ho, ho back to you :)

Lowandslow said...

I'm guessing that once school resumes after the holidays your days of peace and quiet will be over. I don't see you as a "piece and quiet" kind of person as you're always on the go. Right?

S