28 January 2011

Eggplant Hopping


See Wee Restaurant, Awendaw, S.C.

I'll be happy to have input on this one but as far as I am concerned these are the top three places in the Lowcountry to take care of my eggplant needs:

SEEWEE Restaurant, Awendaw: the best melt in your mouth fried eggplant chunks. If you are going to go with fried, these are the most delicious lightly fried taste treat. I want to open the windows and have them throw them at my car when I drive 17 North. More info and pictures on SEEWEE on the Highway 17 Blog.

Hominy Grill: Eggplant sandwich with roasted red peppers and goat cheese. I can't order anything else for lunch at the Hominy Grill.

Alessandra's Italian Eatery, Summerville: Eggplant Parmesan - not breaded, skip the pasta, pile on the eggplant. Thank you very much!

4 comments:

brattcat said...

I am drooling into my keyboard. Joan, it turns out that we're not going to be able to come next month but I have Charleston at the top of my travel list as soon as we can manage it.

Charlestonjoan said...

brattcat - a little later may be better. March, April, May....Charleston is a garden.

Commander Zaius said...

I've stopped at See Wee several times. Its a nice little secret place that in some ways I hope never gets out.

Charlestonjoan said...

Beach Bum - Sometimes I do think of that when I do a post and worry about too many people knowing about it.