12 March 2011

No Parking


No Parking, East Bay St., Charleston, S.C.

I have a good collection of "No Parking" signs. They probably catch my eye in sympathy because it is such a personal issue. I never know when someone will decide to park directly in front of my drive. The offender acts completely ignorant of the fact that it might bother anyone. The last culprit snapped sarcastically, "Hey - thanks for the welcome to the neighborhood" when I said he had kept me from parking at my own home so I expect he must have moved here from a land without driveways. I hope he didn't get a scholarship.

4 comments:

Susan Moorhead said...

Frustrating for you. Possible to stencil a please no parking thing in front of your house?
Although the newbie to the neighborhood guy might need a more direct approach - perhaps an attack skunk is in order.

Anonymous said...

My family home had attack holly trees by the front parking-- you had to know what you were doing when you parked there!

chuckography said...

In Ansonborough, when my dad was blocked he would go into the bar of the American Legion next door and announce "I'm gonna burn some leaves now."

Someone would shout "so what!" and he'd say "I raked them under the car that's blocking my driveway next door."

Always a good - and fast - reaction.

Charlestonjoan said...

Susan - I live in a college area so it's a new offender every week, not regular neighbors. I ike the attack skunk though!

Anon - Good idea!

Chuck - that is too funny!