14 April 2011

New spring growth


Vanderhorst St., Charleston, S.C.

A tree grows in Charleston. Many do, but this one won't need trimming. I spotted this new growth at the new Ashley Hall Dining Hall building at Vanderhorst & Rutledge Ave. on my walk this evening.

I've been coming home late and so brain fried lately, I crash with a quick meal and my tea, completely relax in my favorite corner of the couch and then want to go for a long walk around 9 p.m. I perk back up and am awake long into the night. I need to get my act together. In other, sadder news - I ate my last Cadbury egg and I carelessly promised myself not to buy anymore. Sob.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore the curliques on this and the rounded smoothness... I feel your sadness at the dearth of c--h---o----c---- ( I won't spell anymore...) and admire your resolve and choice not to purchase further temptation!!

Marcheline said...

Cadbury eggs are my favorites, but as my husband has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, we have cleared the house of all sweets. I long for my Cadbury eggs, but I realize that I need to do this as much for myself as for him.