23 June 2011

Marching Orders


Charleston, S.C.

I need to get myself to bed! Tomorrow morning is the day I walk eight miles to work. My CEO Allen Carroll challenged me - he is going to ride his bike 35 miles to work if I walk 8. We work at Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital West Ashley. He will begin at Mount Pleasant Hospital and I will begin at Roper Hospital. We aim to arrive at work ready for cool showers at 8:30 a.m. Wish me luck!

People have sponsored us donating money to the American Heart Association and so far I have raised over $800. Cool! Thanks to everyone who has made this fun. The most important part is that Allen Carroll was in a terrible bike accident last year and we are so happy that he has recovered and is back on his bike again.

Donations still accepted here and happy hour at O'Charley's across from the hospital at 3:30 tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments: