19 June 2011

Yesterday's walk


Charleston Place Hotel, Charleston, S.C.

What a magnificent statue and fountain. I hardly ever see it since it is at the back of Charleston Place Hotel. Cars pulling up to that entrance get the dramatic effect but the rest of us miss it. Yesterday I walked through the hotel, out the back door and passed these colorful displays from the Mellow Mood shop on Hassell St. There is always something new to catch my eye on a Charleston walk.

I hope everyone is having a good Father's Day. My family is getting together this weekend in Canada and I am missing it. My younger brother Jim, is back from India for a visit and he is flying down this afternoon to spend some time in the lowcountry and paint my house.


6 comments:

Lowandslow said...

A very elegant, stately entrance. And I love the crafts. They even look affordable.

Have fun with your brother. Don't work him too hard. ;)

S

Anonymous said...

Have fun - I am sure you will, and you do!!

Charlestonjoan said...

lowandslow - oh, he will work hard! I have a big old barn to paint.

maggsworld - will do. We went out for Thai food last night. Yum!

Marcheline said...

There's a fountain in Scottsdale, AZ (at 5th and Marshall) that reminds me of this. You can see it here:

http://jsemmel.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/imgp0008-cs.jpg

Charlestonjoan said...

Ohhh... I like the wreathes on the AZ one! Very energetic looking.

I got my scarf! Thank you, thank you! How fun and thoughtful of you.

Marcheline said...

I didn't catch this comment before I sent you the other message... enjoy! 8-)