11 September 2011

Church Photo in Lieu of Attendance - Mount Pleasant

Mount Pleasant Hospital Chapel, Mount Pleasant, S.C.

I was over at the new Mount Pleasant Hospital last week and peaked in the little chapel to see the art work that I'd heard had been hung. Artist Regina Bowling had done a beautiful mural for the hospital lobby so I was curious to see what she had come up with for the chapel. Wow. I loved it on first impression. I'll have to study the photos to understand what it all means.

It has been painted on a wooden frame that looks like it is covered in gold leaf and the colors are more brilliant than I have been able to show with my camera. it's definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.

4 comments:

Lucas Kain said...

Those look lovely! Quite a cozy place to sing a prayer or two. :) Cheers!

___
call South Africa

Marcheline said...

Gorgeous artwork - it would be just as much at home in a pagan holy place as it is in a Christian one!

Charlestonjoan said...

It would indeed. I thought of that when I saw it.

Susan said...

I really love that mural. Not your usual chapel stuff and yet still feels spiritual.