25 October 2011

Monday Evening Hodge Podge

Charleston, S.C.
It's the best weather of the year but we know we are seeing the last of the blossoms.

More good press for Chef Sean Brock in the New Yorker. He is the best. We knew that!

The tiniest little restaurant on at 221 1/2 Coming St. is now a Taco Spot branch. I stopped in on my walk and asked them to have a black bean veggie burrito ready for me on my walk back. It has been a pizza place and hot dog restaurant but I might actually use it in this reincarnation.

If anyone has a Canon G11 or G12, I accidentally bid on and won two leather cases for mine on eBay (Ooops) and am happy to pass one along. They don't cost much but are vintagy and cool.

Dinner tomorrow at JPaulz and Mac Off on Friday! I'd better keep walking.

I stopped at KMart on Savannah Highway for a photo frame and saw a blue and white checked shirt I liked. It was on sale for .99 cents. I bought four of exactly the same shirt and feel a little silly for leaving one on the rack. If I look like I am wearing the same clothes all the time, I'm not. I really do wash them. I just may have more than one - at that price!

G'night kids. Midnight hath happened.



3 comments:

Rebeccah said...

Yay for Taco Spot - great addition to that area!

Catalyst said...

Sean gets another well-deserved mention. But he seems more Southern, now that I know his first name is Homer.

Charlestonjoan said...

Rebeccah - yeah!

Bruce - it was a surprise to me! First I'd heard that he was a Homer.