18 October 2011

Trot for Tots

Shem Creek, Mt. Pleasant, S.C.

I read that the new boardwalk along Shem Creek opened this week. That should make a sweet walk some weekend morning. I've been thinking of Vickery's Salmon Caesar salad since the day I went kayaking on Shem Creek and had brunch there. Mmmmm.

Speaking of Mt. Pleasant, the 2nd annual Trot for Tots 5K Run/Walk will be held on Saturday, Oct. 29th at the Roper St. Francis Mount Pleasant Hospital. There is a kiddie costume contest, face painting etc. and prizes will be awarded. The event helps fund car seats for babies who might not get them otherwise. Registration link here. There is free parking on campus and live Music will be provided by Steel Petals. I missed it last year but the photos made it look like a fun event.

Don't let me forget that I am to be at work before 7 a.m. tomorrow to take a picture of a gaggle of anesthesiologists in the OR. I am very motivated to cooperate with the people who control pain.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You introduce us to so many great fun raisers. Yea for Charleston residents and their big hearts!

Charlestonjoan said...

There is always something going on here, often too much at once!