30 December 2011

No Parking Sign - Folly Beach

No Parking Sign - Folly Beach, S.C.
Apparently one weekend walk on Folly Beach can give me enough photo ammunition to fill a week of blog entries! As the owner of a very narrow drive in downtown Charleston I am always interested in creative "No Parking" signs and this one gets my vote of approval.

I knew the image looked familiar. I tracked back through my photos to find that it is the same image that was on a pirate flag hanging on the wall at the old Buccaneer Restaurant.  Further research claims it to be Blackbeard's flag.


7 comments:

Lowandslow said...

Interesting sign, but...um... I don't see "no parking" in it's symbols. "I'll smash this beer can against my head and then harpoon your heart" maybe, but not "no parking". ;)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

There is a regular no parking sign on the pole. I think he is just saying what he/she will do to the person who ignores it.

Jen S said...

Loving these pictures of Folly Beach. Reminds me of my vacation this summer...

Kate said...

Ring in the New Year, Joan! Celebrate safely tonight and may 2012 bring you a life filled with many blessings, including good health, prosperity, generosity of spirit with much joy and laughter!

Charlestonjoan said...

Jen S - I always seem to head to Folly over Christmas when it is quiet. Happy New Year to you!

Kate - Happy New Year! It's been a treat getting to know you a bit this year. I am thinking that a Charleston stop may be in your future ;)

Jarart - Happy New Year to you!

Wayne W Smith said...

What a great site you have! I am your newest follower.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Wayne! Welcome!