23 January 2012

Grand Oaks in the Mist

Meditation Garden, Charleston, S.C.
I work in a garden. No doubt about it. On foggy mornings like this I take a detour under the oak trees on my way to the hospital and visit my favorite trees.

It was hard to make myself get up off the couch and go for my walk this evening but I did it late and just got back. It is still foggy and mysterious feeling. I felt like I was Oliver Twist expecting the Artful Dodger to dart out from around a corner. Boo!

You can click the smaller pictures to get the larger view.


6 comments:

Rick said...

Made me think or Gorillas in the mist, but that wouldn't be so quiet or peaceful. I really love your photos. I bought a copy of your College of Charelston many years ago in a shop on Folly Road. It's one of my favorites. Reminds me of my time sitting around the cistern in more youthful days. Thanks for picking up a camera.

Rick said...

I was going to tell you to check the photo at the top of my blog. Your picture is sitting to the left on the shelf. Unfortunately my drawing of Francis is covering it. The drawing is gone now, so yours, in reality, is now on display atop my overly crowded book shelf.

Pixel Peeper said...

Aaaah - I finally can comment again (have had trouble with the page coming up in the last few weeks)!

I love those great big old oak trees. They seem so perfect for building a tree house and spending long, long days in there.

Anonymous said...

I came across this spot a few weeks ago. I had a appointment at Roper. Beautiful! I feel peace there.

Charlestonjoan said...

Anon - I'm glad you found it. It is our cathedral under the oaks.

Charlestonjoan said...

Rick - Thank you!

Pixel - Glad to have you back commenting. These live oaks are wonderful trees.