17 February 2012

Bloggers Walking

Bloggers Walking, Beaufain St., Charleston, S.C.
This isn't like my usual "Blog Hopping" category where I link to local blogs. This time I actually bumped into two of my favorite local bloggers! Left is Kristen Walker from Charleston InsideOut  and in the middle is Jessica from Children of the Corm - a Charleston garden blog. We asked a couple passing by to take our picture. How fun is this! I was pleased that they recognized me as I marched by.

Wentworth Mansion, Charleston, S.C.
I had my camera ready and in hand because I had just snapped a picture of the Wentworth Mansion. The impressive building used to be an insurance company when I moved here and now is winning awards left and right as a top destination hotel. What a great building.

It's the weekend kids! Celebrate.

10 comments:

Jess said...

One of the very best things about Charleston is how big AND how small Charleston can be at the same time! Pleased to finally meet you in person.

Marcheline said...

It's official. You are the cutest thing ever.

Charlestonjoan said...

It was great to meet you Jess!

Charlestonjoan said...

Thank you! I think those two gals are!

Steph said...

Have you ever seen the view from the Wentworth cupola? Pretty fine. Great photo, makes me think how much lovelier our world would be w/o power lines! Here's a related blog link for anyone interested: http://alifestill.com/2011/10/10/a-lined-sky/

Jack said...

Two nice shots, Joan.

Les said...

I am so glad this is a hotel now. I too remember it as an insurance building, and not a very well kept one at that.

Charlestonjoan said...

Stephanie - I have not! Now I want to go up there.

Thanks for the link to your blog. I do try to get pictures without the poles and lines and yet I think they will date the pictures for us later on. People will scratch their heads in wonder that we had all that clutter in the sky.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Jack!

Charlestonjoan said...

I remember. Now it costs close to $500 for a night. I ate there in the restaurant for New Years Eve one time and got to wander through the lobby.